4.20.2011

Products I Regret Buying and FOTD

I see a lot of other bloggers do the occasional post on products they regret buying and I love reading them. It allows me to see what products don't work for other people and while sometimes I disagree with them, more often than not I have also tried the same products and found them disappointing.

And so that leads me to the latest thing I have tried and despite my best efforts just do not enjoy using. The product itself typically gets decent review but I find I am almost always underwhelmed by everything this company makes.

AVON magiX Face Perfector and AVON magiX Cashmere Finish Liquid Foundation

Perfector and Foundation. Although the foundation is called liquid it is quite thick, closer to a mousse.

Both blended together
OK, so this product is NOT terrible however first thing I noticed was that it separates in the tube and if you don't squish it around a bit before opening you get a clear greasy liquid instead of the product. Also the smell is awful, to me, seriously the smell alone will put me off ever repurchasing this. It smells fake and flowery and chemically. I don't know how else to describe it, just bad. All is not awful though. It does blend nicely and provides light to medium coverage that is slightly dewy but not plastic doll looking. All in all if you aren't offended by harsh scents in makeup (I'm not usually) it's worth a try but only if it is on sale. If you try it and love it pay full price but I personally think it isn't worth it. I bought these products myself when they were on sale for $9.99 ea. I still feel that was too much for them but they are regularly $15.00 ea.


Lastly I figured I would post a few pics of yesterdays FOTD...out of 60 pictures these were the 2 I felt were best. It looked much better in person and I will probably try again with the same colours and hopefully get some better pics.

EYES
- MAC Bare Study Paint
- MAC shadows
  - Da Bling (inner corner)
  - Aquadesiac (lid)
  - Parfait Amour (crease_
  - Mylar (highlight)
  - Espresso (brows)
- Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
Covergirl LiquidLineBlast in Black (smudged)
FACE
- MAC Sakura Mineralized blush
- MAC Pink Friday LS
( I don't remember which foundation I used...) Pin It

1 comment: